Everyone knows that professional conference goers like myself attend events not to listen to presentations, not to network but to collect schwag. Over the past couple of years I’ve done fairly well collecting tech t-shirts and I decided to create a weekly series critiquing tech companies t-shirt offerings in the expectation that a company with a great t-shirt is a prime candidate to have a great product also. Click here to see the series.
Now this one is a little bizarre… A little while ago I got an email written in the finest Russian (actually I have no idea if it was fine, (Russian not being my strong point and all). From someone at KeywordRush.com which is a site that does… I have no idea – take a look and let me know if you can work it out…
Anyway, they offered to send me a shirt from another site, MyFriendsMosaic.com, a slightly more legitimate looking site that sells all manner of Twitter themed paraphernalia – you can have a mosaic of your friends on a mug, a mousepad, a bag or, yes indeed, a t shirt.
I offered to take a shirt for a spin and a couple of weeks later my garment arrived.
- It is indeed white, a great color for a shirt
- I can wear my friends close to my heart (awwww)
- The “wear your twitter name” is a good meme – but Tweet4YourTee does it better
- The print was pretty poor quality
- Does being involved with this give me automatic membership of the Russian mafia?
- The t shirt had that “designed for a gulag in Siberia” feel – kind of sackcloth like….