November 28/29 will see Auckland hosting the Digital Future Summit. The organisers say;
“What is the changing economic, community, environment and cultural landscape in New Zealand and how do we maximise ‘being digital’ to address the challenges?”
The goal of the Digital Strategy is to enable a New Zealand-owned plan of action for our Digital Future.
Other key themes include:
- Affordable, fast broadband for all New Zealanders
- ICT driving productivity and wealth creation
- ICT skills and capability – education and life long learning
- NZ community content – strengthening communities
- Sustainable NZ – ICT supporting a sustainable economy and harnessing New Zealand’s uniqueness
Sounds interesting – in principle I agree with the concept – so long as private industry can grasp it and run. All too often these things turn into Government group-speak.
Anyone out there intending to attend?