I got an email the other day telling me that Dremus has just released it’s 2.0 offering (review of the 1.0 offering here). The new version takes the existing functionality and adds to it the following;
– More free Themes
– More options for accepting payments (gateways)
– Introduction of localisation (Multi Lingual and Multi Currency)
– Initiate relevant marketing efforts through Special Offers, Coupons or Newsletters
– Improved, interactive web reporting
– Integrate the relevant fulfillment options for your product offering
Dremus offers a customized e-Commerce shop for $29.95/month, with no signup or membership fees. Personally I think there’s an opportunity for Dremus to have more of an ecosystem approach, not charging a monthly fee but having a “clip the ticket” approach. Having said that their target market are businesses new to e-commerce who might be frightened off by a percentage approach.
Dremus has a free trial – however readers who signup for the trial by Monday 30 November 2009 have the chance to win one of 50 six month subscriptions. Nice!