So the title of this post was a little tongue in cheek. It’s easy to get excited about things like collaboration and conferencing delivered as SaaS – but what about more humble use cases?
Enter TenderLink. TenderLink is a product that takes the jaw droppingly exciting world of tendering/quoting/RFI and RFP (all now termed ERFx notices) work and deliverers it as a SaaS product.
TenderLink provides a customisable web portal where organisations can list their ERFx notices that can be linked from their own website and provides all the requisite security that a system like this should.
TenderLink can be used as a private ERFx noticeboard (organisations advertise upcoming proposals to their own preferred suppliers) or as a public facing service. Given the concerns customers have about security with web based solutions, it’s good to see that TenderLink have had their solution independently audited by Price Waterhouse Coopers.
Key features of TenderLink’s solution include;
- The ability to attach documents to an ERFx (for example specifications or blueprints
- The ability to create templates that ERFx responders can fill-in – allowing for a time saving through automated pre-qualification
- The ability to rate different suppliers skills and attributes and thus target specific ERFx notices to particular competencies
- The ability to create forums where suppliers can ask questions and gain further information
TenderLink lists the main benefits of using their product to be;
- Increased efficiency
- Decreased costs
- Increased professional image
TenderLink has a $7500 set-up fee to crate the e-tender portal. Thereafter users are charged per ERFx notice with a minimum fee of $500/month
Given the cost structure, TenderLink isn’t a solution for the small fry. For an organisation however that is putting out a large number of ERFx notices, TenderLink should create sufficient efficiencies that it pays for itself quickly. The heightened level of audit, the ability to automate key parts of the process and the efficiencies gained by tagging specific supplier are all valuable features.