This is a post that I hope will find its way into Nokia NZ or Nokia international’s public relations department.
A month or so ago I acquired a new Nokia 6630 phone. Pretty much straight away it was obvious that the phone was buggy and needed repairs. I took it back to Noel Leemings where it was purchased who sent it to Nokia’s NZ service agent and the phone came back “uneconomic to repair” with the offer of a refund. Now for a couple of reasons I didn’t want a refund;
- The phone was closing out cheap and a new phone with the same features was significantly more expensive
- I bought a phone assuming it was fully functioning – I didn’t want my money back I just wanted execution of the deal I thought I was getting
After much coercion the manager at Noel Leemings agreed to contact Nokia directly on my behalf, after much to-ing and fro-ing they decided to replace the phone for a new one.
Immediately after picking the new phone up it was obvious that it was also buggy – the screen on the replacement also freezes and the phone itself turns off at random times.
Tomorrow I intend to visit, once again, Noel Leemings and ask that they revert back to Nokia.
Now there a few issues here;
- Am I just unlucky or is the Nokia 6630 generally a problem item?
- Will Nokia bend over to find a good resolution to this issue?
Even if I’m just unlucky and have had two connesecutive dodgy phones Nokia should cut their losses and ensure that this time I exit the discourse feeling satisfied. I’m an extensive blogger and a freelance journalist. I would have thought that an organisation such as Nokia would be keen to protect it’s reputation with people such as myself.
I’ll be attempting to forward this post on to Nokia and I would think a positive outcome (and you can bet that I’ll be posting about my experience) would be;
- Either they exhaustively test a brand new phone to ensure it works (and this is less than desirable given my experiences thus far) or
- They limit their losses and give me a phone that has, at least, the same features as my one but is a proven, reliable unit
I will keep you all posted…..