Springboard research have compiled this report into the projected growth for SaaS in the Asia Pacific region.
The report, not unexpectedly, determines that SOA growth will be significant and enumerates some reasons for that growth;
- Reduced time and cost for service delivery
- Closer IT-business alignment
- Ability to dynamically create business processes
- Flexibility and reliability
- Optimizing resources
- Growing support from integrators and developers
- Aggressive vendor marketing
Naturally it also see some barriers to SOA growth;
- Lack of awareness and understanding
- Unsure ROI for providers
- Legacy systems
- Lack of SOA professionals
All in all it is an excellent report and should be some comfort for the SaaS businesses already existing, and in the pipeline, in our region.
The executive summary can be read (for free!) here.