Everyone knows that professional conference goers like myself attend events not to listen to presentations, not to network but to collect schwag. Over the past couple of years I’ve done fairly well collecting tech t-shirts and I decided to create a weekly series critiquing tech companies t-shirt offerings in the expectation that a company with a great t-shirt is a prime candidate to have a great product also. Click here to see the series.
Recently I spent an intense two weeks of highly concentrated t-shirt gathering event attendance in the Bay area and Denver. One of the more exciting events I went to was Google IO – it’s hard not to be excited about 5000 people showing up to hear war declared upon Apple!
Despite a couple of thousand post blogging history, 13000 or so tweets and more trips between Silicon Valley and New Zealand than I’d care to admit – this was the first Google t shirt I received. So excited was I in fact that, despite not generally wearing black tees, I’ve kept this one in my very special favorite t shirt drawer.
- It’s Google – yeah I’ve drunk the kool aide
- Those are QR codes on the front – now that is pretty cool
- The circuit board theme extended right through the event branding and signage
- Made in USA by American Apparel (Kiwi owned I must add)
- 100% Cotton
- It’s black – not a problem for most but I’m just not big on black