An interesting case study this morning on Computerworld detailing the experience of De Bertoli Wines using Google Apps.
- Mid 2007 10 IT staff begin limited pilot
- September 2007 entire quality control department using apps to collaborate internally and with staff at offshore packaging plants
- Today trial expanded 130 users from core business units
Some benefits and concerns;
- Pleased with Google Apps’s collaboration features and says version control
- Impressed with its integrated calendaring capabilities
- Insufficient back-up functionality a barrier to further rollouts
All in all this bodes well for Google apps. Sure they need to increase their SLA and security of data provisions to attract more enterprise customers but the core product functionality seems to be there.
At least for this customer