10 things I can do in the cloud today, that I couldn’t do a year ago. Keynote by head of the enterprise applications team, Matthew Glotzbach. He’s drunk from the Kool-Aid big time! It was a very Google centric presentation – but cool nonetheless.
- Everything on the go – iPhone
- Search through all my email – Gmail search
- Chat with customers and partners – in any language- very cool live demo of inline translation of chat!
- Collaborate simply with sites and docs
- Organise travel – (the first non Google product today TripIt)
- Easily collect data from co-workers and customers using forms
- Build a scalable business application on the cloud platform
- Use online templates for docs, spreadsheets and presentations
- Run fast, secure and stable web apps (Chrome)
- Securely share video in apps
Lots of backchatter on Twitter here from attendees that it was very much a Google pitch – oh well… if Google is at the forefront of cloud computing then I guess that’s what happens