I met this morning with Steve from Joblogs – a startup out of Canada which launched their offering today.
Joblogs is most readily described as CRM, relationship and management lite. It serves up a nice, intuitive and quick workspace which allows for the aggregation of contact information, email and documents and links and stakeholder comments all in one location. Their name is a mashup of Job and Blogs – not blogs in the traditional sense but in the sense of being enablers of two way communication and idea collaboration.
It’s a good solution for anyone handling large number of customer interactions – service based industries being the most obvious – anyone that requires daily coordination of a dynamic set of different data streams.
It goes out to general release on Monday 9 September and has been bootstrapped via subscription from a previous offering. Joblogs puts their specific points of difference as;
- Non-obstructive user interface (e.g. no save or cancel buttons, and of course no page refreshes)
- Customizable databases with drag and drop
- Private blogs with that serve as a point of collaboration for business projects
- Arbitrarily relate different records together
- Email dropbox that automatically links messages to associated contacts, companies and projects
Check out the demo video below;